Your Privacy was last updated in April 2018
Personal Information We Collect
We collect the following Personal Information that you submit to us voluntarily:
- Our Member registration process to create an Account requires you to provide us with a username, your e-mail address, and password of your choice. Furthermore, you have to provide either an employer review or company contact and demographic information to become a Member.
- When you contribute employer reviews and ratings or workplace audit, participate in our surveys (either directly, or through third party service providers), or provide any other Content to the Services through other means, we will collect all the information you provide.
- In connection with employee ratings, employer ratings, audits and reports, Workplace Stars (and/or its third party service providers) will collect a wide variety of employee- and employer-related information on an optional basis. Please be aware that while some pieces of information that you provide to us would not be sufficient to identify you when seen by another User without any context, the combination of different pieces of information that you have provided for viewing by other Users, or any contextual information, may allow other Users to identify you.
- When you contact us by sending us an e-mail or when you use any of our contact forms, we will collect any information that is contained in (and/or
- When you contact us by sending us an e-mail or when you use any of our contact forms, we will collect any information that is contained in (and/or attached to) your e-mail, text message, or that you enter into such forms.
Personal Information Collected Via Technology
As you use the Services, certain information may also be collected passively, including your Internet protocol (IP) address and the browser that you use to visit the Site. Workplace Stars also stores a small text file called a “Cookie” on your computer to store your login information (if any) and your personal preferences for the Services. Workplace Stars may use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them). While you will still be able to use the Services if you disable Cookies in your browser, certain parts of the Services may not function as effectively. After you register and enable Cookies, we may associate this information with Personal Information that we have collected from you.
Personal Information from Other Sources
We may receive Personal Information about you from outside the Site, such as telephone, fax, mail, or from third parties that provide services for us that are related to the Services. We may add this information to the information we have already collected from you via our Services.
Use of Information We Collect
In general, information (including Personal Information) you submit to us, or to third parties that support us in collecting information, is used by us to provide you and other Users with the Services, respond to requests that you make, to improve our Services and to better tailor the features, performance and support of the Services.
We may also use your Personal Information to provide you with notifications related to your use of the Services, such as electronic newsletters or promotional e-mails.
We may create anonymized information from Personal Information by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the information personally identifiable to you. We may use this anonymized information for internal purposes, such as analyzing usage patterns so that we may enhance the Services, and we also reserve the right to use and disclose such anonymized information at our discretion.
If you choose to use our service to tell a friend about our site, we will ask you for your friend's email address. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the site. We store this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email and ensuring multiple invitations are not sent. Your friend may contact us and request that we remove this information from our database.
One of the purposes of the Services is for Members to share employment and employer-related information with other Users. Therefore, you should assume that any information (including any Personal Information you may choose to provide, but excluding your registration information) that you post will be made available to other Users of the Services. We may provide you the ability to anonymously post certain comments, in which case we will not include your contact information (i.e., name, username, email address, or postal address) on the Site in connection with such comments. However, you should know that our internal records may associate your contact information with such comments.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may provide your Personal Information to third party service providers and suppliers who work on behalf of or with us to provide you with some of the services and features of the Services and to help us communicate with our Users. However, these service providers and suppliers do not have any independent right to use this information except to help us provide the Services.
Choices Regarding Personal Information
You may change your Personal Information (i.e., email address) by logging into the service and editing your account information from within My Account.
We may send newsletters or promotional communications to our users. To unsubscribe to these communications you will be required to click an "Unsubscribe" link in these emails and confirm the email address for which you would like to unsubscribe.
You may request that your Account be terminated and that your Personal Information be deleted by sending an email to workplacestars.com. Any termination of your account may involve deletion of your Account information from our live databases and all the information and data stored for such Account in the Services. Workplace Stars will not have any liability whatsoever to you for any termination of your account or related deletion of you information. When we delete Personal Information that we have collected from or about you, it will be deleted from our active databases but may remain in our archives.
Links to Other Web Sites
Privacy of Minors
We do not intentionally collect or maintain information in the Services from those visitors and Users of the Services who are under 13 years old.
Security and Confidentiality
Workplace Stars has put in place commercially reasonable and appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. However, no company, including Workplace Stars, can fully eliminate security risks associated with Personal Information.
Changes in This Privacy Statement
If we decide to change our privacy and security policy, we will update the date upon which this policy, including those changes became effective from at the top of this policy and post a prominent notice on our homepage, so that you are aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances, if any, we disclose it.
We reserve the right to modify this policy at any time, so please review it frequently.
please contact us
Workplace Stars, LLC
please contact us
Workplace Stars, LLC